> What is the preferred way of getting the card to work?
> Kernel support?
> pcmcia-cs? Linux-wlan-ng? I'd appreciate if you could point me to a
> working howto somewhere or give me some assistance. Best regards,

I have a LinkSys WPC11 PCMCIA card up and running with kernel 2.4.21.
I have NO PCMCIA support in the kernel, and pcmcia-cs and
linux-wlan-ng installed.  IIRC I did add a service to my runlevel that
starts the cardmanager (pcmcia?).

Supposedly pcmcia-cs and linux-wlan-ng have better drivers than the
kernel.  I guess that can depend on the card(s) you have.

Gwen.