On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 09:34:07PM -0400, gabriel wrote:
> 1. installed gentoo from 1.4rc4 cd including kde using various USE flags.
>
> 2. went to gatos.sourceforge.net, downloaded the latest binary drivers
> decompressed the tarball, and copied the drivers into their assigned
> directories: /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri /drivers /multimedia
>
> 3. watched some tv (yay!)
>
> 4. discovered the "debug" use flag, added it to my USE flags and ran:
>   "emerge --emptytree world"
>
> 5. repeated step 2.

If you recompiled your kernel, you may need to reinstall the
drm-kernel part of GATOS.  It depends on where you copied
it the first time.  If you put it in
/lib/modules/2.4.21/kernel/drivers/char/drm/, they'll be
overwritten when you do "make modules_install", so you need
to recopy radeon.o.  If you put it in
lib/modules/2.4.21/misc, the docs at
<http://www.reades.com/radeon.html> say it should still be
there.

My dumb ass got a All-In-Wonder 9000, so there's no way I
can watch TV, but I was able to get GL working..

/jgt
--
Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of
common sense.  -- Chapman Cohen