On Tuesday 16 September 2003 10:53, TongKe Xue wrote:

>   I'm currently thinking about installing Gentoo on a laptop with a
> centrino processor. I tried reading through the fourms but could not
> find a definitive answer to the following: for the optimizations
> flags, should I use those for a pentium 3 or a pentium 4? Similarly,
> if I wanted to install from the 2 CD set, should I go with pentium 3
> or pentium 4? Thanks.

There were some people discussing that on the kernel mailing list a few weeks
ago and I will conclude from that that pentium3 should be the right one to
use. It is closer to pentium 3 in design and some pentium 4 optimisations
will run slower on pentium-m.

--
Jesper
 11:34:42 up 16:40,  1 user,  load average: 0.01, 0.05, 0.05