thanx I see the crontab entry and also in the docs was mentioned
to update every 30 min... is this really nececary/required or I can set it
every 3 days, which is ok for me ...

 00,30 * * * *      root    /opt/gentoo-rsync/rsync-gentoo-portage.sh

Also can I set the SYNC variable into make.conf to ping to my computer ('cause I see
it into make.globals only)

tia