Hi!
I have setup one of our local hosts to be a gentoo rsync-mirror, for use within our private network.

My problem is that the rsync daemon (on the server) logs so much when one of the clients syncs against it, that the sync is halted until I restart the metalog daemon.
Every process using the syslog facilities are halted the same way when this happens = effectively locking all access to the machine if I didn't happen to have a shell open on the server where I can restart the metalog daemon.

What possibilities do I have?
* Silencing the rsync daemon. How?
* Switching to another syslog daemon. Which one?
* Anything else?

/Andreas