Andreas Vinsander wrote:
Hi!

When mergeing baselayout I got the following problem:

The ebuild tries to copy a '.keep' file to my /home filesys.
The thing is that I automount each user directory (/home/<someuser>) from my server, which means that /home is not writable by anybody.

When doing emerge -up baselayout it states that i don't need to update anything, so it appears that the emerge did what it should anyway... I'm a bit confused...

What can/should I do?

Did the original update give you any errors? If not, you're fine. The .keep file is just there so that if the package that owns that dir is ever unmerged for some reason, which baselayout would not ever be, that particular directory that holds the .keep file will not be removed.

--
Andrew Gaffney