On 2003.09.18 18:10, Marius Mauch wrote:
On 09/18/03 Nate Duehr wrote:

> Setting up a gentoo box for the first time here, and don't want to
use

> apache2.
>
> Reading the docs, it says you can give the group-name/program-name
> emerge to force an emerge of an older version, but it's not liking
it.

> I must be doing something stupid, so I appeal to the list for a hand
> here...
>
> emerge -u net-www/apache-1.3.28
>
> Doesn't work.
>
> What'd I miss...?

Add an equal sign, so that it reads =net-www/apache-1.3.28. You can
also
use other relational operators, so to install the latest 1.x version
of
apache you can use emerge \<net-www/apache-2 (the backslash is
necessary
to escape the < for bash).

To keep the 2.x version of apache from installing when you do a -u world, you can make the /etc/portage directory, and then:
echo ">=net-www/apache-2" >> /etc/portage/package.mask

--

Chris I

There's nothing like good food, good wine, and a bad girl.