Jason Stubbs wrote, On 10/15/2003 04:09 AM

There are several glibc versions that are hard-masked but the latest straight ~x86 version contains working nptl. I believe the hard-masked contains later versions of nptl that have been shown to have serious bugs. The latest ~x86 version of glibc worked fine for me with nptl.

BTW, after recompiling glibc, you'll also want to recompile Sun's jre/jdk if you're using it/them and also want to recompile openoffice. They'll work without doing so but will only take advantage of nptl afterward.

Thanks.

But it looks like I can't use 2.6 yet, due to missing pcmcia drivers :-( I found an nptl patch for 2.4.22 which is use by redhat, I'll give that a go next. I'm not sure how the glibc install detects the kernel version though.

I still have a hole, though, the win4lin kernel patches are not compatable with nptl patches. Sigh ...