> bash-2.05b$ mplayer -vcd 1
> Cache fill:  9.98% (836640 bytes)    RAWDV file format detected.
> Opening audio decoder: [libdv] Raw DV Audio Decoder
> Unknown/missing audio format -> no sound
Something is wrong with the cd, or the files, because as you can see, the
codec is rawdv, and for vcd the file format has to be mpg. So it's not a vcd.
Or at least it doesn't seem to mplayer to be a vcd. try mounting the disc
maybe and play the files from there. or rip it using vcdxrip and play the
files to see that they are not corrupt.

I have got the same error myself trying to play some avi files, it's just not
the correct codec.
So if you have the files somewhere else, convert them to mpg files. Or if they
are downloaded using some sort of p2p, try to get another version of the
files.

So to conclude: What you have is not a vcd, and the file format of it are not
recognized by mplayer. Get a new version of files.
--
Sigurd Stordal
President of GOGS