On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 14:31, eric heller wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion, but no, Gnome's not loading metacity from
> there. I greped the whole ~/.gnome2 directory for metacity and didn't
> find anything. Either loading metacity is somehow hard-coded into the
> gnome-session, or there's some session config file I don't know about.
> Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks
> eric heller.
>

> On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 13:20, Doug Weimer wrote:
> > On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 03:16, eric heller wrote:
> >
> > > cat ~/.xinitrc:
> > > bbkeys -t &
> > > openbox &
> > > gnome-session
> > >
> > > Is there something I can do to tell Gnome not to bother loading it's own
> > > window manager?
> >
> > Have you checked the session file? If your using gnome2, take a look at
> > .gnome2/session and see if it is trying to load metacity there. If it
> > is, try deleting the metacity entry.
> >
> > Doug

I am pretty sure openbox needs to be loaded last.  What version are you
running ob2 or ob3.  In ob3 you can type openbox3  --replace once gnome
is launched then save your gnome session upon exit and next time it will
load openbox rather then metacity.

When I used to run gnome and ob2, this was my .xinitrc

gnome-panel &
nautilus &
exec openbox

--