I have a PS/2 memorex 5 button mouse. The two side buttons I am not all that concerned about but it has a middle button that also scrolls. How can I get the scroll to work? The actual button works as I can select text and paste by pushing it.

My /etc/X11/XF86Config file's mouse section has
ZAxisMapping as "5 6"

I have googled and some say that the total number of buttons is actually 2 higher than a mouse actually has, so my 5 button would be 7. I have tried switching the ZAxisMapping ( I am not sure of the exact spelling I am not at the machine at the moment) to 6 7 but still no scroll. Any ideas?