Check config.log for a more detailed errormessage - configure should
create one. There you can see exactly what was missing. I'm guessing you
dont have qt-libs in your /etc/ld.so.conf or something like that. And
remember to run ldconfig.

So check if you have /usr/lib/qt-3.<version>/lib in your ld.so.conf and
run ldconfig and try again. And check the config.log :).

        ~/S