On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 19:10:39 -0800, Matt Chorman wrote:

>What vga line (size) are you passing on to the kernel? Have you tried
>disabling acpi?

Well ACPI is at least disabled in the kernel config.

I've tried vga = 791 for 1024x768 - 16 and some other modes shown
in the table in the install guide, but none worked. I tried vga = ask,
the modes the kernel suggested worked, but the font looked ugly
and after loading the default font while booting, the console
layout changed and some colored text appeared in strikeout mode...

I'd like to boot in the same mode than the gentoo boot CDs do...
looks like 1024x768, or at least 800x600 - how are they doing this ?