G'day there One & All again,

        After getting oodles of assistance with my FreeBSD/fstab difficulties, I'm now
back with another problem. (Hmmm... I hope this isn't the start of a trend).

        This time around I find that emerge is causing me grief. I've read man pages,
forums, et al, with nothing useful coming to my notice but that's quite possibly a
function of my powers of observation rather than the difficulty of what's happening. I
entered, as root, emerge mplayer. All ran fine for a bit, downloading 'stuff', until
the process reached font-arial-iso-8859-1.tar.bz2. It downloaded this one, and then
seems to have tried to download it again (I think). I've tried to re-emerge mplayer,
but it tries to continue with this file and I keep getting several attempts at
different URLs with a corresponding 404 Not Found. Then I get:

Continued download failed on this file, which conflicts with `-c'.
Refusing to truncate existing file
`/usr/portage/distfiles/font-arial-iso-8859-1.tar.bz2'.

        Then the final entry is:

>>> Resuming download...
>>> Downloading
>>> http://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/fonts/font-arial-iso-8859-1.tar.bz2
--20:30:59--  http://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/fonts/font-arial-iso-8859-1.tar.bz2
           => `/usr/portage/distfiles/font-arial-iso-8859-1.tar.bz2'
Resolving mplayerhq.hu... done.
Connecting to mplayerhq.hu[192.190.173.45]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 416 Unknown

    The file is already fully retrieved; nothing to do.

!!! Couldn't download font-arial-iso-8859-1.tar.bz2. Aborting.

        I've tried deleting the file but it simply downloads it again and then
continues with the same result. At least I know that wget is working fine, since I'm
exercising it so often, but I'd like to get Mplayer. Is anyone here knowledgeable
regarding emerge? Or at least have more of a clue than I do?

Thanks in advance
Ken McLennan
Brisbane, Australia