On November 11, 2003 01:42 am, Harlan wrote:
> I have some family members that want to switch to Gentoo Linux, they are
> getting very tired of M$ windows constantly failing, slow performance, etc.
>
> They like to watch the videos that on Yahoo.  I have not been able to find
> any software that will play these.  Any ideas???
>
> I have installed Windows Media Player 6.4 under Wine, but have no idea how
> to get it working with a web browser.
>
> I would prefer a native Linux solution.

i've found mplayer to be abso-freaking-amazing when it comes to playing media
files (streaming quicktime, divx, xvid, dvd etc. etc.).  i've heard you can
integrate it into mozilla with a plugin or something, but since i use
konqueor, i've never tried to figure it out.

--
you cannot write history
you can only live through it