If I understand what you are asking for, which is to use an existing gentoo
computer as an installation server for another, is this correct?

If so, this may help:

1.  On your new system, put these lines in your /etc/make.conf file:
FETCHCOMMAND='rsync -vcrtz --partial --progress --timeout=600
rsync://192.168.1.50/gentoo-packages/${FILE} ${DISTDIR}'
SYNC="rsync://192.168.1.50/gentoo-portage"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="rsync://192.168.1.50/gentoo-packages"

Be sure to change the IP address to point to your rsyncd server computer.

2.  Look at this file from www.gentoo.org;
        http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/rsync.xml
     It helps explain how to setup a local server, with one notable exception.
That exception would be to create a dirctory manually, right after you do the
"emerge rsync" on your new system.  The directory to create is:
/usr/portage/distfiles  make sure you watch your permissions.

This process takes a little while to get setup, but it more than made up for
itself in the time it take to update 4 computers over a very slooooow dial-up
line.

I think I have everything I did here.

Good Luck,

Harlan...