begin  quote
On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 09:00:44 +0100
Michael Spohn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > This would imply that you need to add exec (and maybe suid) to those
> > flags.  But if defaults doesn't apply then the out-of-the-box fstab
> > which only contains noatime should not work. Try adding exec and if
> > it works you may have come across a bug in mount.
> >
> > Jason
>
> It works. After explicitly adding exec, and removing users, now
> everything works again.
>
> The question still is why did this happen?

from man mount :
              defaults
                     Use  default  options: rw, suid, dev, exec, auto,
                        nouser, and async.

              user   Allow an ordinary user to mount  the  file  system.
                        The name  of  the mounting user is written to mtab
                        so that he can unmount the file system again.  This
                        option  implies the  options noexec, nosuid, and
                        nodev (unless overridden by  subsequent   options,
                        as   in   the   option   line user,exec,dev,suid).

              users  Allow  every  user  to mount and unmount the file
                        system. This option implies the options noexec, nosuid, and
                        nodev (unless  overridden  by subsequent options, as in the
                        option line users,exec,dev,suid).

Hope that clears it up

  //Spider

--
begin  .signature
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!