Van Eps, Nathan D. (James Tower) wrote:

If you are often deleting files by accident, you should look into a solution that moves the files to a temporary folder to be deleted later.

Well in 20 years of computer freakin' (from C-64 over Amiga, Windows & Linux), i can remember only about 4-5 times where i accidently deleted (a) file(s). But *if* it happened, i always had my recovery tools ready to go, no matter on which platform or fs. I've never really lost anything in my life, as far as i remember.

Using a trashcan means extra work (deleting trash by hand), especially
when big files are deleted every day (cd images, archives, movies etc.),
which i don't want to hang around in the trashcan, filling up my harddisk.

However, my question has been answered: there's nothing for reiserfs
at the moment except that recover-all operation mentioned earlier,
which is a solution for the very-rare-but-very-critical case.