Hi,

This may seem a little off-topic but I can't seem to get my hands round
this.

I emerged mysql 4.0.14 with USE=innodb in my make.conf; which built just
fine.

I created a database and added some tables using type=innodb and started
working with them just fine. Yesterday morning I noticed the tables were
recognised as MyISAM. I tried to change them (eg: alter table aliases
type=innodb;) and my alter queries run perfectly (no errors) however the
tables still are 'MyISAM'.

I've even re-emerged mysql (and seen the innodb stuff get included) but
to no avail. The documentation available on the mysql website does not
express any special requirements other than 4.x version. What am I
missing?

Cheers!
Chris