Hi Ian,

Well, I have completed the install and I reboot and login as root and
enter the root password.  When I try to mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom  it
tells me mount: mount point /mnt/cdrom does not exist.  I tride to mkdir
/mnt/cdrom and still it wont allow me to do that.  I don't know why?

I am really confused here, I finally finished the install of kernel
2.4.20-gentoo-r6 and I cant seem to get the cdrom to mount so that I can
install the packages.

I don't know if this is of any importance, but DMA was not enabled, and
the drive is actually a Plextor CDRW 48X, which is located on hdc.  I
tried to run dmesg | grep ^hd and that's how I see the plextor on hdc.
I also ran #modprobe -a ide-scsi but still nothing.

I need help here

My /etc/fstab

Has this line for the cdrom
/dev/cdroms/cdrom0      /mnt/cdrom      iso9660 noauto,ro,user  0 0

See what you can make of all this, and maybe we can get this system
through its finally stages.

Thanks
Axeios