A suggestion based on my experience. Use the OpenOffice database connectivity to connect to whatever database (I use Oracle jdbc connector, for oracle DB).
You can then make a simple interface to the Database using the Writer/HTML template form features. I would imagine that if you spent perhaps, maybe 2 hrs, you will have the basic functionality your looking for. If a couple of hours seems excessive, consider how long you may have already spent trying to get other things to work.

Just My 2 cents, hope this helps

Glen

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 18:15 -0600, Joseph wrote:
On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 19:30 -0400, Chris Bare wrote:
> > Does anybody know of any "timesheet" program in portage that would allow
> > track employee time etc?
> >

> I use app-office/gnotime to keep track of my own hours. It can generate some
> basic reports. It depends on what your needs are, it doesn't talk to a DB with
> hours for all employees if you where looking for something like that.

I was looking for something more secure, you log-in and the time you
log-in is the time you start work.
I run onto timesheet.php it looks interesting but I got stuck with
installation, it simply won't run and there is on documentation besides
some basic what to do in README file (I think I'm missing something).

http://www.advancen.com/timesheet/index.html#Documentation