On Apr 6, 2005 1:12 PM, David D. Rea <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi All-

I needed to fill out a PDF form today, so I figured I'd try the new Adobe
Acrobat Reader 7. I did the following:

`ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge -pv acroread`

And subsequently emerged the package without the -pv. All went well, and
acroread seems to work happily enough on my box. I'm impressed with the
software, I just wish it was open-source.

So now I'd like to do an `emerge -pvuD world` to clear up a few GLSAs that
have come across in the last few days. Alas, this is among the output:

[ebuild     UD] app-text/acroread-5.10 [7.0] -cjk -noplugin 9,068 kB

`man emerge` explains well enough why it's trying to downgrade acroread.
The only place I can find some semblance of a recommendation to prevent
this behavior is here:

http://users.dslextreme.com/~craig.lawson/linux_notes/gentoo_portage.html

Where the author suggests modifying /var/lib/portage/world so that the
package reads:

>=app-text/acroread-7.0

But doing this doesn't change emerge's behavior when doing an `emerge
-pvuD world`. It still tries to downgrade acroread.

???

Thanks,
Dave