On Monday 18 April 2005 08:34 pm, Erik Osterholm wrote:
> On 4/18/05, David Corbin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Monday 18 April 2005 02:33 am, Andreas Fredriksson wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > while I don't know what's causing your specific problem, this sounds a
> > > lot like the behavior you would see back in the day when you set the
> > > mouse protocol to PS/2 when the mouse device was really a serial
> > > mouse, or vice versa.
> >
> > It's not.   Further review of emerged files shows gcc, qt and glib.  I
> > doubt one of them is causing the problem, but they seem the most likely
> > candidates anyway.
>
> Did you update the kernel from a 2.6.10 to a 2.6.11 version?

No. I'm running 2.6.7, and have been for some time.

> Otherwise, posting the relevant portions of your kernel
> config/xorg.conf would be helpful in debugging.

from the kernel .config.
CONFIG_INPUT=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_PSAUX=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_X=1920
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_Y=1200
CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV=y
CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSE=y

from xorg.conf:
Section "InputDevice"
  Driver "mouse"
  Identifier "Mouse[1]"
  Option "ButtonNumber" "2"
  Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
  Option "Emulate3Buttons" "on"
  Option "Name" "AutoDetection"
  Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
  Option "Vendor" "Sysp"
  Option ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
  InputDevice "Mouse[1]" "CorePointer"
EndSection

All of the above was transcribed, as copy/paste is a bit hard without  a
functional mouse.  I also have variation that uses the synaptics driver
instead of the "default ps/2 emulation", but I'll settle for either one
working to start with.

Thanks
David