Frank Schafer wrote:
On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 11:32 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:

On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 21:20 +0300, Adi wrote:

Howdy.

I know this has nothing to do specifically with Gentoo, but I've seen people finding great advices on this list.
We've recently installed an Oracle database on 9i on RedHat ES 3. I was curious if there's a way to connect via Remote Desktop

$ rdesktop rdesktop: A Remote Desktop Protocol client. Version 1.3.1. Copyright (C) 1999-2003 Matt Chapman. See http://www.rdesktop.org/ for more information.

from a Windows machine to the Linux Server. If that's impossible VNC will do. I know KDE has something like krfb, but wee need to log in without previously being logged in if it's possible.

WIndows->Linux? Hmm... That I"m not sure. Not much use for windows

You'll need a X-server for Windoooooze to do this. I've used Exceed a
while ago. There are others. I'm not sure if there is a free one.

Regards
Frank

There's definitely a free one: use Cygwin/X; http://x.cygwin.org - I use it at home and in the university. Some of the machines I'm forced to work on just have Windows installed, so I added Cygwin. Now I have XTerminals and run a fully operational (except for sound) KDE on Windows...

HTH