Holly Bostick wrote:

>>>Cookie bet that it's a bootsplash-themes package... if so, uninstall
>>>said package (since you can't use it if you don't have bootsplash
>>>anyway), and then try the update again.
>>>
>>>Holly
>>

>>don't bootsplash themes work with fbsplash and splashutils?
>>i think i'm using my old bootsplash theme right now...
>>but i may be wrong ;)
>>
>>yoyo
>

> No, they don't-- or in any case, such themes have to be converted in
> order to run (since fbsplash is now so bootsplash compatible). These are
> different programs that use different syntax to do the same type of
> thing. They use a different backend as well; bootsplash doesn't know
> anything about vesafb-tng, either.
>
> In any case, any bootsplash-themes package you have installed doesn't
> know anything about fbsplash or splashutils-- it thinks it is dependent
> on bootsplash, therefore it would drag it in. Since it's about the only
> thing that would, as far as I can tell, a simple 'eix bootsplash' will
> confirm if I've won a cookie today (or not).
>
> Holly

cookie is certainly your's, bootsplash-themes do depend on bootsplash,
i was just just wondering about your comment, that they can't be used
with fbsplash..
but you were right too ;))), just remembered that i did a
bootsplash2fbsplash on my themes (or changed the few things in which
they differ by hand ;)

yoyo