On 6/14/05, Zac Medico <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
>

> > I got Java 1.5 to install.  Now the nifty new tools (thanks for eix!)
> > tell me that 1.5 is all I have.   Of course, when I look in /opt, I get
> > a different impression of things.  Am I right in surmising that
> > I have all those old versions, and I just need java-config to point
> > to various places to get other things to happen?
> >

> Yes,  "java-config -L" will list every installed java vm.  The actual portage
> database for installed packages is located in /var/db/pkg.
>
> Zac

Great!

Thanks one and all -- this is a good result.

The best part is that under 1.5 a persistent problem I'd been having
with Swing layout managers
has gone away: now when I pack() a JFrame multiple times, I get a
proper layout with no anomalous regions.  (Sample on request).

To me, that's better than the rest of 1.5's features combined!

++ kevin

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD