Hi

Thanks, a definite improvement.

- KDE now start ok
- /dev/null on reboot is now crw-rw-rw, which is ok
- /de/vdsp on reboot is now crw-rw-rw
- konsole now works

There are two remaining problems

- Sound, whenever kde starts I get an error with /dev/dsp. Is it work
changing the owner from root:audio to <user>:audio?
- Kmail keeps crashing, and whilst showing mail subjects ok will not
show the mail bodies.

All fun and games!

Simon

--