On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 14:24:18 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:

> I have a new machine that just came up yesterday. I was thinking of
> running ~arch on it and seeing how things work out. Seems like it's a
> good time to do it if I'm ever going to as I haven't started using it
> and it's going to get busy. If your answers are dependent on the work
> done then this machine is (hopefully) going to run a bunch of vmware
> instances at the same time. Any problem doing that under ~amd64? I've
> never run more than 1 in the past. This time hopefully 5 at a time.

I have run several VMs at once in workstation.

> Question - after adding ~amd64 to make.conf do I then ever need
> anything in package.keywords again because the whole system is ~amd64?

Only if you want to use packages that do not have amd64 or ~amd64
keywords.

> It seems that there would be some use flag changes required:

That's not strictly down to the use of ~amd64, it's a change that will
affect everyone in due course, you just get to find out these things that
bit sooner now.

--
Neil Bothwick