Paul Hartman wrote:
On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Tanstaafl<tansta...@libertytrek.org>  wrote:
On 2010-04-12 11:05 AM, Paul Hartman wrote:
I use the --keep-going always, it was a great addition and especially
helpful when there is a bad package that won't compile for a week or
two, it makes it easier to just ignore it.
Hopefully no one will mind a slight OT question, but still related...

Is the testing version of portage 2.2 stable enough for production
machines? There are a number of new features I'd like to take advantage
of, but have always hesitated to and any non-stable system packages.
I've been using portage unmasked for a very long time and don't
remember having any portage-related problems. I'm sure there must be
some (or else why is it still RC?) but for me the new features are
worth the potential risk of using less-tested code.

+1 I been using the latest portage for a long time too. I don't recall any problems with it and the new features sure do help.

If you keyword portage, you need to do the same for its friends. Mainly gentoolkit and eix. They seem to go together better. If you run one without the other, it can do some weird things.

Dale

:-)  :-)