Dale wrote:
Joerg Schilling wrote:
Dale<rdalek1...@gmail.com>  wrote:

On the screen that usually shows the progress, it says "Fatal error at
startup: No space left on device." The main screen where I select files
shows there is space left.  It shows about 1Mb or so left.

I also have a much smaller slice for the backup.  When I burn it, it
gives a error that mkisofs crashed.  Go figure.  I'm pretty sure I am
using the version that failed before.
Then it seems that you only have a k3b bug that

1)    prevents k3b from knowing that you dpn't have enough space

2)    prevents k3b from correctly reporting the abort reason

did cou contact the k3b people?

Jörg

It is a different prob;em than before. First time I got this error. I'm going to install the version of cdrtools that was working and see if it works. Will post the result later today. I got to drive a tractor for a little while.

Also worth noting, tkdvd doesn't work either.

Dale

:-)  :-)

I tried a older version of k3b and different versions of cdrtools with no change. Also tkdvd doesn't work either. Slightly different error but still doesn't burn.

Posted on kde mailing list to see if this is some known issues with k3b. Maybe hardware? Maybe I am not holding my mouth right when I click burn?

Dale

:-)  :-)

P. S. Also headed to newegg to see what a new burner costs. Jörg, do you have any recommendations on a really good burner that has few issues with software? I hear that some have software issues and figure I may as well avoid that if I need a new one.