Am Montag, 12. April 2010 schrieb Hinko Kocevar:
> Hi,
>
> I've started to look around on how to speed up the Gentoo boot sequence.
> Looking at the bootchart output I discovered that if using parallel boot
> feature from the /etc/conf.d/rc (RC_PARALLEL_STARTUP="yes"), things get
> done about 9 seconds faster that with RC_PARALLEL_STARTUP="no".
>
> Boot time is still at 45 seconds.
>

> Can boot be sped up even more?

Perhaps by thinning out your bootup batch, removing stuff from boot you don’t
really need. Example: I print ralely, so only start cups when needed. Same
with timidity, apache and other stuff.

Switching from serial to parallel boot got me - according to bootchart - from
41 to 37 seconds on my 3 years old laptop.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
Why’d the orange go blind? Because it was low on Vitamin C.