Am 13.04.2010 00:00, schrieb Alex Schuster:
> Florian Philipp writes:
>
>> Am 12.04.2010 11:02, schrieb Hinko Kocevar:
>
>>> Can boot be sped up even more?
>>
>> The fastest way to boot is not to boot at all. Just use Suspend2Disk or
>> SuspendToRam.
>>
>> Take a look at TuxOnIce and hibernate-script. Unless something is
>> broken, I hardly ever reboot.
>
> I wonder why this seems to be working for everyone but me... I tried
> TuxOnIce for various times, with different systems, for years now, and
> still no real success. Well, it works sometimes on my desktop PC, but I
> have to issue the hibernate command up to ten times for this, and
> sometimes it still does not hibernate. And I also experience that trying
> to hibernate sometimes freezes the system, or has weird side effects.
>
> But luckily, at least hibernate-ram suddenly seems to work well, and I'm
> sticking to that now.
>
>       Wonko

Actually, at the moment, suspend2disk doesn't work for me either. But
since suspend2ram works flawlessly (as did suspend2disk for some years),
I couldn't be bothered to find out, why.

In earlier years, the situation was vice versa for me. I suspect it's a
driver issue. My hibernate script stops wifi and unloads the iwl3945
kernel module. That solved all issues in the past.