> Unfortunately, neither does anybody else on this list.  This is because
> manufacturers have a habit of changing chipsets without changing model
> numbers.  So lot #1234 can be atheros, while #1235 can be intersil,
> #1236 can be, well you get the picture.
>
> The best is to buy from a store with a liberal return/exchange
> policy...of course it always helps if it says "supports linux" on the box!
>
> -Richard

This is exactly why I stick with Proxim or Buffalotech, they aren't
the usual moving targets like some other vendors.  It's also nice to
have the ability to pick up the phone and talk to someone about the
product.  They are usually quite willing to help.  Speaking of
companies who are willing to help check out http://www.demarctech.com.
 They post right on their website whether or not a particular card has
Linux drivers available and they cater primarily to small, independent
WISPs.  Good bunch of people to work with.  I hope all of this
information has helped rather than furthered your confusion.

--
http://pizon.org