walt wrote:
On 04/25/2010 09:25 PM, Dale wrote:
Hi folks,

I have had elogv and elogviewer installed for a while. I only use it on occasion but when I tried to use it the other day I get this little error message:

r...@smoker / # elogviewer
No protocol specified
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:57: GtkWarning: could not open display

Do you have the DISPLAY variable set properly in root's environment?

Apparently something got changed with a update. I tried to run hp-setup a bit ago and it failed too. It gave this error:

No protocol specified
hp-setup: cannot connect to X server :0.0

I'm running this in a Konsole, part of KDE, so just where would I set this up? I don't usually have to mess with it and it "just works". I'm on KDE 4.4.2. Maybe this is a "feature" of KDE4 until it gets "fixed". ;-)

Thanks.

Dale

:-)  :-)