On 04/26/2010 10:59 AM, Dale wrote:
walt wrote:
On 04/25/2010 09:25 PM, Dale wrote:
Hi folks,

I have had elogv and elogviewer installed for a while. I only use it on
occasion but when I tried to use it the other day I get this little error
message:

r...@smoker / # elogviewer
No protocol specified
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:57: GtkWarning: could
not open display

Do you have the DISPLAY variable set properly in root's environment?

Apparently something got changed with a update. I tried to run hp-setup a bit
ago and it failed too. It gave this error:

No protocol specified
hp-setup: cannot connect to X server :0.0

Wait, this is more complicated than I thought.  The error above clearly mentions
display :0.0, which should be correct unless you're running multiple X sessions.
When I 'unset DISPLAY' I get 'DISPLAY is not set'.

Do you have any files like /root/.xauthXXXXXX?