On 05/03/10 10:10, Dale wrote:

> I think there is a interactive mode or something too.  It is done by
> hitting the "I" key during the first part of the boot up.  Just say No
> to xdm or whatever starts your GUI.
>
> Lots of options here.  lol
>
> Dale
Thanks, Dale, for the figurative "whack in the head"!  I knew about
interactive mode, but never even thought of it.   Doing this, I was able
to boot to a command line.  Then, I took Remy's advise and re-emerged
xf86-input-keyboard and xf86-keyboard-mouse.  Turns out that they both
needed updating.  This fixed everything.

Sorry, if I was a little terse.  I panicked.  I keep all responses to
problems I've posted in case I run into the same thing again.  So thanks
guys for coming though for me as always!

Regards,

Colleen

--

Registered Linux User #411143 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org