On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 20:16:10 -0400, C.Beamer wrote:

> >The message means for you to set the hostname in /etc/conf.d/hostname
> >(or /etc/hostname if you are using a rather old baselayout).

> I don't have a /etc/hostname file, I just have a hosts file.  Did I do
> something wrong?  My computer is a stand alone, but I connect to the
> internet via cable modem.

That's why you are getting the message. You must have skipped the part in
the handbook where you set /etc/conf.d/hostname (I think all baselayouts
now use this instead of the old /etc/hostname). Put your computers name
in /etc/conf.d/hostname and the message will disappear.

--
Neil Bothwick

Facts are stubborn little bastards, be careful with them.