Mark Knecht wrote:
On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 8:50 PM, Dale<rdalek1...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Valmor de Almeida wrote:
<SNIP>
So emerge -evp is useful to get those last inconsistencies out of the
system.

--
Valmor

You can add this option to help with those:  --with-bdeps y  I consider it
-D on steroids.  I actually added it to make.conf so that I don't have to
type it in each time.

Dale
Good catch Dale. I have it in make.conf also

- Mark

I was the second one to catch that tho. I think it was Alan that told me that when I ran into a similar issue. After a bit we figured out that it was a really deep dependency that was causing me grief. It does take portage longer to calculate dependencies when you add that tho. That little swirling thing goes at it for a while when I do my updates. Then again, it has a lot to think about:

Packages installed:   946
Packages in world:    78
Packages in system:   50
Required packages:    946