Hello!
I want to know if dynamic changes of dpi are possible in xorg, and if yes how
to do it... here is more specific explanation of my problem.
Recently i had fun with tv-out, i want to connect tv through radeon 9700 and
fglrx driver, it worked, better or worse. But i found that when i change
resolution, which is needed in my situation (i use 1280x1024 on crt monitor,
and tv works on 1024x768 maximal resolution), dpi changes too, fonts are
smaller, and unreadable, 1024x768 isn't very bad but using this may be
hard... Also when i add second monitor to x dpi settings changes if i don't
specify my own setting. I never used smaller resolutions than my default so i
don't even notice this problem earlier. So there is my question if i can
change dpi dynamically, i can do it when starting x, with kdm kdmrc file (kde
3.4.1 version) or DisplaySize section in xorg.conf but this works in "static"
way, once for one resolution, if i use RandR to change resolution dpi setting
will be recalculated.
--
Michal Kurgan