Adrian wrote:

>On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 08:06:18 +0300
>Rumen Yotov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote the words:
>

>>Hi,
>>In my previous post forgot to mention that the "freetype" library is
>>slotted, usually you have two versions installed.
>>On my system i have: media-libs/freetype-1.3.1-r4 &
>>media-libs/freetype-2.1.9-r1 and FF depends on 'fontconfig' which in
>>turn depends on: >=media-libs/freetype-2.1.4
>>media-libs/freetype-2.1.9-r1 (second entry is my version).
>>Usually when using "emerge category/package" it emerges the latest
>>version (corrections accepted here) but could try re-emerging the
>>minor version. The syntax here is: "emerge =category/package-version
>>-v". Also search Bugzilla.
>>HTH. Rumen
>>

>Hi Rumen;
>
>I did not know I would have multiple versions on freetype on my system,
>thanks for pointing that out.
>I did:
>emerge -v =media-libs/freetype-1.3.1-r4
>and this seemed to work just fine, but the Firefox emerge still fails
>with the same error message.
>How do I find out which versions of a slotted program are installed?
>Maybe it needs a version different from either of these??  Obviously I'm
>grasping at thin air here, but I don't know what else to think at the
>moment.
>Thanks for you assistance, I'm most appreciative.
>Skippy

Hi Adrian,
Currently i use 'qpkg --dups -v', it's in "app-portage/gentoolkit" but
for some time is deprecated (+ etcat) and their replacement is 'equery'.
When emerging latest (~x86 in my case) at the end of emerge there are
some info about "qpkg&etcat" move them if you wish to use.
A quick check of equery options didn't show the same tool (output all
slotted packages), somebody?
HTH. Rumen