Peter Humphrey wrote:
On Thursday 19 August 2010 21:21:20 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:

So I looked up "auto-hinter" in the flagedit(1) program. It says:
auto-hinter: Local Flag: Use the unpatented auto-hinter instead
of the (recommended) TrueType bytecode interpreter (media-
libs/freetype)

The placement of the "(recommended)" is just a bit ambiguous.
No, it isn't. You may be being confused by the unnecessary inclusion of
brackets (parentheses if you're American); remove them and you see that
the TrueType byte-code interpreter is recommended. Or, just consider the
phrase "the recommended TrueType bytecode interpreter", with or without
brackets. I can't see how that could be thought ambiguous.

Well Peter is not alone. I saw that a week or so ago and I couldn't figure out what the heck any of it meant. Sort of reminds me of what euse -i gives me, Greek or may as well be anyway. Most of them doesn't make much sense unless you already know what they are, then you have no need to look.

I usually go to the forums and search around to see what things mean. I just forgot to do that in this case.

So, all that said, what the heck are we supposed to change here?

Dale

:-)  :-)