On 24 September 2010 21:58,  <fe...@crowfix.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 09:43:11PM -0700, Hilco Wijbenga wrote:
>> I'm using nautilus-dropbox. It's working fine, not the slightest
>> problem. I rarely use Nautilus, though. All access is through the CLI.
>>
>> If you don't want the daemon running all the time then don't start it
>> automatically. You can use "dropbox start" and "dropbox stop" to
>> start/stop the daemon whenever you want to.
>
> But it requires Nautlis ... did you compile from source, or install
> the Ubuntu or Fedora package?  I tried building the source, and it
> complained
>
>    No package 'libnautilus-extension' found
>
> Emerge tells me I need 18 packages to install Nautilus.  I don't have
> Gnome or KDE installed and I don't want them; I'm not philosopically
> opposed to them, but I got tired of all the regular emerge problems
> being added to for something I never use.

I don't really remember but I have nautilus-dropbox installed so I
suppose I used that. I also use KDE and apparently some Gnome stuff so
it was not such a big deal for me. It didn't want to install Mono
which is where I draw the line. :-)

I do understand your reluctance to install lots of packages you don't
really need but I'm afraid I can't help you there. Perhaps you can see
if it's possible to just install libnautilus-extension? As far as I
can tell, things work fine from the CLI. There does not appear to be
any real dependency on Nautilus.