On 05.10.2010 17:16, walt wrote:

>> --enable-default-toolkit=cairo-gtk2
>> will Firefox run without this?

Yes, it will. cairo-gtk2 is the default (last I looked).

> You need to pick either that one or cairo-qt if you are building on linux.
>
>> --enable-oji
>> will Firefox run without this?  And what is "oji"?  I can't find any
>> mention of what it does.
>
> Open JVM Integration:  it enables support for the java plugin named
> libjavaplugin_oji.so

But that will only work until FF 3.5.x. 3.6 has OJI support removed.
And as all up-to-date Java plugins without security problems on Linux
are not OJI, you will want to not set this one.

>> --enable-mathml
>> I don't really need it right now.
>
> Add "ac_add_options --disable-mathml" to your .mozconfig file.

Don't bother, or does it matter if you save 15 kB in the binaries? Nothing
will run faster if you disable it.

>> --enable-storage
>> will Firefox run without this?  The help says...
>> "Enable mozStorage module and related components".  Can someone please
>> give a short explanation in plain English what this does?
>
> 'storage' is the mozilla wrapper for SQLite, but configure.in doesn't
> eplain what that means.  I don't see where '--disable-storage' is even
> defined, but you can always try it and see what happens.

This is the default, and I think one cannot disable it any more. SQLite
is an integral part of Firefox by now. The flag above is probably ignored.

>> --disable-ogg
>> One thing I might consider enabling.  Is there a problem with Firefox's
>> ogg support, or any other reason to disable it?
>
> I notice that my own firefox builds do compile the code for ogg support,
> but I have no idea what it does or if it works correctly.

Use --disable-ogg is you don't want HTML5-like Ogg-Theora movies in
webpages.

   Peter.