>> > The main correlation I've seen so far is with dhcpcd.  Sometimes at my
>> > work I get a 192. IP (which doesn't work), and other times I get a
>> > 133. IP (which is correct).  In fact, sometimes dhcp is giving me an
>> > IP address and resolv.conf related to a university I was visiting like
>> > a month ago.
>>
>> It sounds like someone at your work might be (accidentally) running a
>> rogue DHCP server...
>>

> For the 192 address - yeah, someone has probably plugged a WLAN or ADSL
> router into the local network, and other people will be have the same
> problem. If they were purposely running a rogue DHCP server to perform a Man
> In the Middle attack you wouldn't notice any connectivity problems (assuming
> they set it up correctly).

Yes.  I was getting the wireless IP.  Turns out my officemate had
turned off the dhcp server.  >_<

> Getting the university address is very odd. AFAIK dhcpcd has no function to
> fall back to the address from an expired lease.
>
> Grep your logs for dhcpcd and post the result.

I found the outdated static configuration file.  Woops!

Well, so that was a very silly problem!  Non-commented dated
configuration file and broken dhcp server.  But the behavior was so
random.  And I never new that the DNS lookup would delay logins.  So
that was very educational.

Regards,
daid