Using the tcp flag when you mount should override the default behavior for nfs to use udp. I'm not sure if its strictly necessary but what the heck, it can't hurt.

-Mike

On 8/2/05, Mark Knecht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 8/2/05, Michael Crute <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I would use 'sudo netstat -lp | grep nfs' to see what nfs is listening on.
>
>  -Mike

Thanks Mike, it appears that both ends are currently listening on tcp
which is good.

However, am I not supposed to also use the tcp mount option on the
mythbackend server to tell it to mount /video using tcp? The man pages
tell me the default for NFS mounts is udp. Or does the tcp build flag
for nfs-utils override all of this?

Cheers,
Mark