Zhu Sha Zang wrote:
I run the compilation without X, and try to acces over ssh. I can enter in machine, but so slowly.

The system become unresponsive. If I stay the compilation process end, i can use the system again.

Normally, i've compiled this sources into the night, when off from work.

This machine are new and of course i've tested and don't think that a hardware problem. But i'll check this more deeper.

Att

I forgot to mention this in my other post. Do you have this in your make.conf:

PORTAGE_NICENESS=5
PORTAGE_IONICE_COMMAND="ionice -c 3 -p \${PID}"

I think you have to enable ionice in the kernel for it to work.

Hope that helps.

Dale

:-)  :-)