On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Jacques Montier
<jacques.mont...@numericable.fr> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have some questions about hardware choice.
> Do you think those two motherboards are working on Linux with i5 760 or
> i7 920 processor ?
> - GA P55 US3L GIGABYTE
> - Asus P6X58D-E
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> cheers,
>

> --
> Jacques

I couldn't fine the Gigabyte at Newegg. Maybe you can find it and
forward links to a product spec page?

The Asus looks nice for a 920 processor. One thing - the SATA ports
come out horizontally so make sure your case has enough room to route
the cables. I bought an Intel MB like that for my wife's system and
ended up only being able to use 4 of the 6 ports in the case I bought.

I'm using an Asus Rampage II Extreme with an i7-980x which seems to
have similar features. I suspect you'll be quite happy with the Asus.

- Mark