Mark Knecht wrote:
I have no real opinion on that MB. I've never owned a Gigabyte so I
don't have a real point of reference. I know other people here use
them so I suspect they are fine.

I personally like the Asus brand for flashing BIOS as it can be done
from a USB stick. If Gigabyte supports anything like that (i.e. -
doesn't require Windows or DOS or a floppy to flash BIOS) then it's
probably a good candidate.

Asus support isn't great. Their websites are slow and everyone seems
to complain about lack of communication when they have problems.
Again, I don't know anything about Gigabyte on that account.

Good luck.

- Mark

I recently bought a Gigabyte mobo and it has Q-Flash. It will update the BIOS without needing a OS. According to the book, you just download the update and put it on a USB stick, must be FAT32/16/12, and hit the end key when the BIOS screen comes up. It sounds pretty easy. I have not done this yet tho.

Hope that helps.

Dale

:-)  :-)