walt wrote:
On 12/19/2010 12:11 PM, Dale wrote:

I noticed on the router that to completely reset it, you have to push
> the reset button and hold it for 30 seconds or more. It said it even
> resets the firmware. I have not tested this theory tho.

Just to clarify: you've said in other posts that you've repeatedly reset
the router.  Did you hold the reset button for 30 seconds, or not?

The only two routers I've actually used have the same 30-second requirement. I don't recall now if I ever pushed the reset button for less than 30 sec.

Forgive me if I don't try that experiment on this particular Sunday PM :)

I didn't push the reset button at all. Actually, I just unplugged it and did a "normal" reset. According to the book, power off just makes it redo the DHCP stuff. Pressing the reset button briefly I would think would do the same thing but maybe a little faster. Pressing the reset button and holding it for long time resets it back to factory defaults including the firmware. I haven't did that.

I fell asleep again tho. The internet was still working when I got on here this time. I bet that setting got changed in the modem during a software upgrade and I didn't know it.

I do want to figure this all out tho. I want fireball to get a fixed IP from the router and I want smoker to get a fixed IP from the router. I think I know how to do that much. I'm going to go do some looking around in the screens and see what I can do.

Dale

:-)  :-)