kashani wrote:
On 1/5/2011 12:04 AM, Thanasis wrote:
I think you should prefer openntpd over ntpd, because I think openntpd
is developed by openbsd, which means more secure ...

I tried openntp a couple years ago. It was a giant pain in the ass. IIRC it was combination of crap defaults, poor docs, and plain not working. I think this was over five years ago and doubtfully thing have improved, but I definitely wasn't impressed at the time.

kashani

It is a basic program for sure. Commands that I used before with ntp were missing. The plain ntp has a lot more options and more commands for seeing what is going on while openntp does not have much.

I think either would work here if I didn't have some underlying issue somewhere.

Dale

:-)  :-)